16 things you might not know about me
I am in Week 4 of this incredible ecourse (journey), Blogging from the Heart, with Susannah Conway leading our tribe of 14o women from around the globe. The courage of these women to open up and share their hearts in their writing is nothing short of amazing. In light of that, I have mustered up the courage to share a few things you may not know about me…
1. I worked for the Department of Corrections for many years, primarily in facilities with male inmates.
2. One of my biggest dreams was to homeschool my girls along side the ocean ~ I am restructuring that dream as my girls are almost grown but I have great nieces and nephews who are homeschooled!
3. With my camera in my hands, I lose all track of time and am oblivious to meals..
4. I am messy and my husband is a neatnic.
5. I am not much of a cook and can eat the same thing for lunch every day for a week.
6. After 4 years of college, I still had 3 credits to finish before I could graduate. It took me 5 years to finally get that last course under my belt and receive my diploma.
7. I have lived in the mountains for 20 years but my “home” is really the ocean ~ that is my next move!
8. I love people; talking to people, meeting new people, and finding out about how others have chosen to live their lives. My husband always wonders why people tell me their life stories while I’m standing in line at the grocery store.
9. All of my childhood summers were spent on a little lake in northern Maine. Mostly swimming, feedings the ducks, reading Archie comic books, and playing Monopoly.
10. I was once married to a man who’s days were dictated by the ocean’s surf.
11. I picked potatoes every fall growing up to earn money for college, school clothes, and Christmas gifts.
12. I don’t have the foggiest idea how to blow-dry my hair.
13. I am a footwear minimalist. I have two pair of sandals for summer and two pair of clogs for winter.
14. My favorite movie of all time is The Sound of Music. I have had a secret crush on Christopher Plummer for 40 years.
15. I come from a family of 6 children…4 brothers, 1 sister, and me.
16. I believe in fairy tales and happily-ever-afters.
I would love to get to know more about you!
Lots of love from the sunny but chilly mountains of Maine!